Tuesday, October 11, 2011

In which I delete my facebook

Right now I'm unemployed, right? For the past month I have been (as my mom puts it) living on a shoe string.
There she is...my last possession in the world. She may not be much to look at, she may not provide much padding to sleep on, or substance to eat. But she makes a fabulous belt during the day! Jk I'm not really homeless...but maybe next month!
                      My shoestring 

SO....being jobless I've spent a lot of time on the internet...the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. Oh wait, thats beer.
For the most part I would argue that it is physically imposible for me to go online with out directly typing fac- (and then pressing enter cuz my internets knows what i wants). Its automatic. But as I spent more time on facebook I found more often than not I wasn't so much enjoying myself. In fact, it kinda started eating me alive. 


I don't talk about it a lot, but I may be a slightly jealous person.  Its not like a problem or anything, but it does require a lot of concealer. 
So anyway...I find myself looking at facebook, and comparing myself to all of my friends...even the ones I don't care about! How busy they look in their pictures. How close they are to people I wish I was still friends with. How shes totally gotten prettier since high school...damn it. How he's way hotter than his girlfriend.

But mostly how so freaking many of them are pairing off and getting engaged and married and having happy lives and I'm sitting on my butt in a coffee shop watching back episodes of Mad Men and kind of losing it about the proposed new episodes of Arrested Development. SO EXCITING RIGHT!?




Soooo...I deleted that soul sucking social network we all call the book of faces. I 
called it quits. Finito...done forever! Shut that book...right in its...face...YA!



Its been easier than I thought it would be...but i guess I'm on day one....I still find myself thinking in statuses, though...statusi? statusies?:
"omg didn't sleep till super late...waking up at 2...again...way to be a productive member of society!"
"at coffee shop...think the barista is a heroine user"
"I'm a horrible person for accusing people of using heroine...shes actually really nice...ignore last status"
"something about Kuma and cat because they are my only entertainment!"
"BEARS PARTY AT THE MILLER'S!"
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL, BUT EVERYONE IS WEARING PINK!"
"having less points in football means you loose right? i can never keep it straight, but i think we lost"

Phew...I feel like I just opened a valve...so glad I could get all those out! tomorrow night I may record myself, though, to find out if I status update in my sleep when I can't get it out during the day. FUN NEW EXPERIMENT!

I need to get out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment